Thursday 3 December 2015

Assessment Review

Now that the assessments are finished, I have taken some time to reflect on the module and how I managed with the final designs.
I really enjoyed the practical lessons and loved learning different techniques and where they could be used. In all honesty, I’m not a massive fan of researching but I do like seeing different hair designs from recent catwalks, magazine and even films.
My highlight of the module was definitely the assessments as I really enjoy being given a practical task to complete. It was really interesting seeing other people’s ideas and designs come to life. I think I worked really well with my partner as we had good communication with each other and were easily able to explain our ideas and thoughts to each other.

When first swapping designs, I was a bit confused as it was hard to figure out someone else’s drawing and picture what they are trying to communicate to you. Once we showed each other the design on the dolls heads it made things a lot easier and also talking each other through the process of how it was done in practice sessions. Katherine has been a really helpful partner to work with because there have been a few times where she has suggested alternatives to try out which I have took on board. I hope that I have been just as much help to my partner however I feel like I have learned a couple of things for future reference. Becoming a bit more organised and physically showing my partner a step by step process of how to do my design may have speeded up practice time. In the end, things have worked out really well and I am so pleased with myself for what I have achieved in this unit and assessment.



No comments:

Post a Comment