Tuesday 1 December 2015

Creating Elizabethan Style

So this week we practiced a typical Elizabethan design on a partner.

It was strange working with Lil Nik for a couple weeks and then going to a real person.

I started off by sectioning off the front to create the heart shape. I crimped this part of the hair then brushed it through and backcombed it. It was then rolled up and positioned into the typical heart shape.

With the remaining hair I tied up in a ponytail. I sectioned off a small amount of hair at the bottom before putting into a ponytail.

At first I did a modern curl bun. I didnt think it looked very Elizabethan so I took it out and did a plait bun instead.
With the bit of hair at the bottom I used a 3 barrel tong that creates a wave in the hair. This made it look like the tendrils I have seen quite often in the Elizabethan period.

The style took roughly an hour to create which I am quite happy with. I managed to dive right into the task given and Im happy with my finished result. I found it strage to work with a moving person as Ive got so used to working with Lil Nik. I liked working with longer hair with a differet texture and colour. I still cant decide if I liked having my model trying to help me with the design. I suppose it has good and bad sides! Its good to see someone elses point of view and ideas. On the other hand, its my practice time and I should be adjusting the style until im happy.

Overall this week was really productive! I really enjoyed partnering up and being a model and an artist. It's been a good way of introducing myself on working on other peoples hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment