Tuesday 1 December 2015

Crimping and Frizzing

Today, I got my hands on a pair of crimpers. I cant say I have ever had my hair crimped or been the one crimping someone elses hair but I was looking forward to try it though.

So what I needed for this was:
-Paddle brush
-Pintail comb
-Sectioning clips
-Crimpers!

I used the paddle brush first to brush all the hair through and get rid of any knots.
I then took sections of the hair no wider than the plates of the crimpers and around an inch or two thick using my pintail comb. Its best to start at the bottom of the head and work your way up.
Making sure the crimpers are heated to a suitable temperature for the hair, clamp the hair near the root and hold for 2-4 seconds. Dont burn the models scalp!
I worked my way down the lenght of hair and repeated in sections until it was all crimped. Wait to cool off!

Now to frizz!
Use the paddle brush and brush through all of the hair that has been crimped.

To add more to the frizz you can backcomb.
Take sections of hair roughly 3 by 2. Hold the hair by the ends and use a pintail comb to gently push the hair towards the root.
Repeat this with all of the hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment