Tuesday 1 December 2015

Rick Rack

Rick-racking is another technique that gives a similar effect to crimping. It gives a waved or zig-zag look to the hair and can be styled in to a look.

Method

1. Brush the hair through to untangle.
2. Section the hair with pin-taik comb where you would like to rick-rack. I sectioned roughly half an inch at the front.
3. Use a fine pin and place the middle at the root with the prongs facing away from scalp.
4. Weave the hair around the two prongs in a figure of 8 motion. Push the hair down every so often.
5. Secure the end by placing a grip over the hair and fine pin.


6. Use suitably heated straighteners and hold over the hair/fine pin for around 5 seconds.
7. Wait to cool and then unravel the hair.

8. At this point you can brush it through, leave it how itis or pull it apart with your fingers depending on the kind of look you are going for.
 

I found this technique really effective and I really liked the outcome. The downfall to this is that it takes a lot of time to create the rick-rack. I would love to use this design in my final piece however I feel like I would have to make it a simple design in order to do the rick-racking in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment