Wednesday 2 December 2015

Chosen Design Practice on Lil Nik

Lil Nik and myself had some quality time together while being bored at home one night. I decided to try out my chosen design on her!

As I had no crimpers, I couldnt crimp her hair but it wasnt a problem as I could still get a rough idea of what it would be like.

So I started off by sectioning off my shaved part of my hair. Lil Nik has a smaller head than me so its as close to scale as possible. 


I then sectioned where I would imagine my heart shape to be. It turns out to be slightly diagonal.


This would be the point where I would crimp the hair but in my practice I've moved on to the next step of brushibg the hair through and then working my way through and backcombing the two sections. I then rolled and pinned the hair loose enough so it would stay big but not too loose that it would fall out. This is the outcome.




I liked the shape but I didn't like the positioning. It just didnt look right to me and I couldn't figure out fully what it was! So I decided it was probably the positioning and I should try moving it over. So I almost flipped the look right over, brushed it all out, started again and sectioned the hair from the other side. I did the same process of backcombing the two sections, rolling and finally pinning them up. This was the outcome.




This was a lot better as you can see the heart shape more. I would imagine that once it is crimped and backcombed on longer, thicker hair it would be a lot bigger and the stylist would have more to work with.

I also tried rolling the top section in a slightly different direction to see what it would look like. Now I have done this I am not entirely sire which one I prefer but I will leave that to my test session with my partner.


The next step is to add decoration. I have a gold head band I wanted to put along the parting line. This is what it looked like.



As I didnt want to cut it up, I wasnt too sure about it because of it not being quite long enough for my own head and also that the elastic bit could still be seen. So I've decided to have a think about the decoration and what else I could use.
Now for my partner to practice my design!

No comments:

Post a Comment